perjantai 12. tammikuuta 2024

Lijiang - Day 2

 

On the second day in Lijiang I had a plan to go to Black Dragon Pool Park, I had read the scenery would be great with the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain at the background. I had decided to find a bus that would go there and this time I was lucky as I found the bus stop fairly easily and not far from my hotel.

I arrived at the park and noticed that there was no entrance fee, maybe because of the low season. Anyway, the only entrance fee I paid during my trip was to the Cangshan- mountain in Dali and even there I got a discount price being over 60-years old. No talk about any double or triple pricing China had in the 80’s. Then it was; Mainland Chinese paid the lowest price, oversees Chinese a bit higher and ”Foreign Guests” the highest. After a short walk, I came to the place which was very photogenic. You could see a Chinese pavilion and the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain behind. It was truely wonderful. I walked around the park and everytime I could see the mountain, I just had to sit down and take a few more photos. The highest peak seen in the photos is at 5,596 meters above the sea level. 











The only other place I have seen such a wonderful scenery was back in 1988 at the Tianchi lake in Xinjiang’s Tian Shan mountains. Here is the Tianchi area, sorry for the dirty photo, it has travelled from China to Finland to Thailand and back to Finland before I put it into a digital form in 2018 but you get the idea.



There was also a small museum at the park, where they had Chinese calligraphy and Chinese paintings. I really like the latter so I’m always happy to have a look at the paintings.




After some hours in the park I walked back to my hotel through the Ancient Town and after a rest returned to the town for supper.








Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti